Friday 23 September 2011

Back in the (rugby) game

Hi everyone!

Well, that's a bit optimistic. Hi to the couple of people who might read this at some point :o)

I had a request to restart this for people apart from immediate family who I'm now skyping with regularly anyway.

I can't remember when my last blog was and can't be bothered to check it right now, but I know it was a while ago. So here's a catch up, some of which you will know:

I went travelling to South America in April and had an amazing time seeing Santiago, the Amazon and Macchu Piccu (which might not be spelled right). Then back to the UK to see family and friends and to meet the gorgeous India Ropse Phillips, born 2nd June this year, my gorgeous niece.

Then Adam arrived 7th July and we saw London and Kent, met my friends and family and then got a car and drove over 9 days through Oxford, up to Mallaig in the highlands, then right up to the very North of Scotland (Tongue) and then down to Edinburgh. We had a great time, although the weather was as expected :o)

We followed that by 3 days in Barcelona. The rain followed us, but we still had a wonderful time taking in the sights, practising my Spanish, eating Spanish food and generally realxing. Then 3 days in Copenhagen staying with some wonderful friends of Adam's, wonderful people who showed us the best bits of the City. We ate pork and sugar coated potatoes! and went to a slum type thing filled with drugs - not as bad as it sounds, it's in the middle of the city!! Then back to London for a farewell to the family and then off to Vegas for 4 days. Adam (who is amazing, if you hadn't gathered that already!) upgraded us on that flight and we flew out business class which was a first for us both and bloody amazing. Vegas... well, as you might guess, we had a great time, stayed up all night, slept all day, ate, drank and gambled, saw the hotels and a show too (Penn and Teller).

Been back in NZ since 4th August and been staying with Adam and his lovely flatmate Amy, who has now been kind enough to put up with me for 6 weeks. I've been job and flat hunting at the same time and it has been harder than first thought. The central cheap flats are mostly filled with children (students) who don't want an old lady like me living with them.

I had a 3 week temp job on a construction site, working on the site office onsite at a University where they're building a new building. I had to wear a hard hat and high vis jacket whenever walking outside! That was actually a really nice job, very busy but nice people and fun.

This Wednesday (21st Sept) I started at the Inland Revenue on a 3 month contract. I am a team administrator/PA to 7 managers. It is a very PA type role and I hate those. But I like.need to earn again, so shall not complain.

The only other interesting thing was a trip to Sydeny the other weekend with Adam for a long weekend as one of his short films got into a film festival and we got free passes for it. It was very exciting.

Apart from that, it is the Rugby world cup over here and all the Kiwis are going mad about it!

So that is a quick catch up and I will endeavour to write more and more interesting stuff soon :o)

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment