Monday 13 December 2010

Christmas and New Year

Just a little update to yesterday's news... perhaps unsurprisingly Adam has asked me if I'd like to come and spend Chrsitmas and New Year in Dunedin with him! We'll be staying with his mum and step dad for 10 days between 22nd Dec and 2nd Jan.

Here is a map of New Zealand to help you visualise it - Wellington is the bottom of the North Island and Dunedin is close to the bottom of the South Island. Because we're South of the equator though, going south means getting colder, so it's a bit like flying up to Aberdeen! I am glad if it is a bit colder though, it seems more Christmassy!!

http://www.mynetbizz.com/travelweb/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/new-zealand-map.jpeg

I am absolutely delighted because I was not looking forward to spending all that time on my own; and not just that, I would genuinely be delighted to meet Adam's friends and family and plus, I would have missed him being away for so long. I only feel slightly worried (but perhaps that's natural) to be spending so much time together 24 hours a day, with his family... I mean it's a good way to really get to know someone but what if we don't get on?? I think that's really unlikely to be honest. and also I'm slightly worried in case he asked me just because he felt he had to... being such a lovely person it would have been hard for him to just leave me on my own up here.

But I'm only about 4% worried overall and 96% very excited and happy!! Anyway, I bet he's at least 4% worried too. No, we'll have a really lovely time. I'm going to take my netbook so I can keep you all updatd and also exchange Christmas messages :o)

lots of love to you all,

Fi xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment