Sunday 12 December 2010

NEWS

Right my dear readers, I have NEWS for you (and sorry for the delay mum, I just didn't have that much else to say until now!!).

So, I went along to Adam's work Christmas Party last night. It was nice and I had fun. I got to meet lots of people whose names I can't remember :o) The video was very funny, as it was out-takes and behind the scenes things from the news team. He works for TV NZ on the news. As a video editor.. I already told you that, but you might not have been listening :o)

He was, as always, a total gentleman and didn't leave my side all night so I felt really comfortable and he made sure to introduce me to everyone. We had the inevitable questions about where we met and I now have more sympathy for everyone who meets online, as, despite my thinking I would be fine with it, I chickened out at the last minute and just told people we met at a bar.

Anyway, Adam introduced me at one point to a couple as his girlfriend. On the outside I didn't really react and just shook hands, but inside I was saying "OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD!!!!!" But then after I thought it might just have been something he said as an easy way to introduce me. And he didn't introduce me that way again. Sooo...

Anyway, later that night he asked if I'd noticed when he introduced me as his girlfriend. I said I had (what I really meant was "Oh My God, Oh my god, of course I noticed, I nearly fainted on the spot when you said it" but I managed not to say that!).

And then my lovely readers... then.... he said that he would be.... I think he might have actually said 'honoured'.... if I would be his girlfriend.

No-one has ever said that to me before. Obviously, I've had boyfriends, but they just kind of morphed over time into being that, with no definite point in time where such a lovely sentiment was declared.

I said I would love to be his girlfriend. Because I would. I am! I do like him. I'll admit to some slight trepidation at how fast this seems to be happening but anyway, it doesn't really change things to have that label. Well, maybe a bit, but I had already stopped having anymore dates and had no intention of seeing anyone other than Adam while I saw how things were going. And he said he is not having any other dates. I suppose it just shows that we genuinely like each other. But we don't really know each other very well. But I suppose that doesn't matter.

Am I over thinking this? I suppose I'm just worried that making that committment so early is almost tempting fate. But like I said, it's just a label really and maybe what difference does it make to get to know each other as two people dating or as girlfriend and boyfriend? At least it means I don't have to worry about what his 'intentions' are or whether he's seeing other people.

I am over thinking this. Sorry. What I mean is that a really lovely man, who I really like, has asked me to be his girlfriend and I am delighted and said yes. He's really nice to me and treats me wonderfully and I feel really comfortable around him. He is funny and interesting and kind. So that's all good :o)

And I have mentioned the blog. Can't imagine what I was thinking! Not the address. But I suppose he might well see this at some point. Adam, if you evcr read this will you please try not to tease me too much?!

Alright my lovelies, thanks for reading, take care and keep warm!!

Fi xxx

2 comments:

  1. good times Fi! Sounds like things are going swimmingly over there - and what a Christmas party!

    I hope that you find somewhere for xmas, I wish I could come out to see you then. And the snow is all gone now! Still bits of ice in Lewisham but really it's warmed up (above 0c).

    I can't believe Adam said he'd be honoured to be your boyfriend - that is such an amazing thing for him to say to you - and shows such respect for you that he thought you were worth asking - so many men just assume that you are so grateful for them sticking around that they can call the shots and don't even bother thinking you would say anything but yes! So he sounds like a real gentleman and very sweet and lovely, worth keeping around!

    Keep having lots of fun fi fi xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds amazing fi the new life the country and of course the new people , its such a shame we have lost so much over here especailly were people and manners are concerned . it sounds as if you have found a gentleman lets hope it lasts , men should not expect, but treat us female with nothing but respect we are after all our own people first. enjoy the time you spend with him it will make NZ so much more special to have that special someone for you to share the times and fun with , just dont let it stop you achieving all your wants and dreams while you are out there , Enjoy have fun and stay safe and keep telling us all the news well perhaps not all of it !!!!!

    kris xxxx

    ReplyDelete