Tuesday 25 January 2011

Just a quick one to catch up with you all a bit....

I am currently in Wanaka with mum and auntie allie and we're having a great timne. We started by catching a ferry from Wellington to the south island on Saturday morning (22nd Jan) and then hired a car and drove to kaikoura. There you can catch vboat tours to see whales and dolphins, seals and albatrosses, but it was too windy the next morning so we didn't. From there on Sunday we drove across the island through the mountains for 6.5 hours and ended up in Hokitika which is a lovely little town and also very pretty. We went to Hokitika gorge the next morning and that was really gorgeous. From there it was a 2 hour drive to Franz Josef which is right by the mountains. I love it there. We visited a glacier that afternoon which was incredible and then a kiwi centre this morning. We then drove to Wanaka which is by a big lake and took about 4.5 hours. We were a bit hung over this morning so left late and got here about 7pm so just had time for dinner. Tomorrow is Queenstown which is only an hour away and then we'll relax and look around. It is the adventure capital of the world so I want to do something fun!!

We leave Thursday morning early and fly back to Wellington, have a quick lunch with Adam at the airport and then fly to Sydney where we'll be for the next 4 days. I'm back to Wellington next Monday and plan to do lots of lovely shopping in Sydney so I expect I'll need to rest after such a taxing few days :o)

The food here is really good, we have been eating out every night and unfortunately our tummies are beginning to feel it! I have a personal trainer lined up for when I get back and I am dreading it but it is the only way to guarantee I will get some exercise. February will also be the mopnth for finally, properly, giving up smoking, drinking much less (I thought not at all but am being a bit more realistic!) and dieting and generally being good. And boring, but healthy.

More from Sydney!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment