Friday 19 November 2010

Ups and Downs

I am feeling better again! Not 100% but anyway, better than I was earlier. The reasons are:

1. I have found somewhere to live! It's a central flat with 2 Australian girls. The flat is nice and they seem very friendly, they are both mid/late twenties. Rent is cheap here, it's $600 a month which is 300GBP. But I guess that reflects the salaries. Also, the bedroom comes fuilly furnished which is much better. I move in on Monday night.

2. I am feeling better about the temp job I am being put forward for. It's not so boring I guess. And will be good to get working again in a way.

3. I have made friends with a woman in my dorm room. She's maybe in her fifties and originally from Malaysia but has been in NZ for 10 years. She's funny and a bit strange. She told me a story tonight about going to a convent school and when she was 16 the nuns tried to get her to marry an ugly, rich man in his early 40s.... so she and her friends tunnelled out under the school wall and she ran away!! We are going to see the latest Harry Potter film tomorrow and then go to the museum, so that will be nice.

4. I cooked myself a nice dinner. The first time I've cooked since I got here. Lamb with mint jelly and roasted vegetables.

So that's all for now. I am OK and not, after all, ready to run home just yet :o)

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment