Tuesday 30 November 2010

Ladies and Gentlemen

So the men here are very different to the boys back home. Well, the boys I've been on dates with anyway. Here's a comparison...

Typical male behaviour on dates in Britian:

  • apathetic about picking where to go - often leave me to pick
  • don't pay for things or pay half
  • don't take me for dinner. Ever.
  • don't pick me up
  • don't walk me home
  • don't plan anything apart from drinks
  • insist on sticking their tongue in my mouth at the end of the night (sorry dad!)
Typical male behaviour on dates in NZ (so far):

  • Put some effort into where to take me (dancing, museum, walks, as well as drinking and dinner)
  • take me to dinner
  • walk me home
  • pick me up outside the front door
  • insist on paying for dinner and drinks
  • offer their jackets when out in case I am cold!
  • don't try to kiss me on the first date

3 comments:

  1. That's right Fi, you tell 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And never mind your father, I feel sick.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well in that case you'll not mind hearing about the boy I kissed last night... who kept his mouth closed the whole time! It was very odd. Bad kissing. Not seeing him again :o)

    ReplyDelete