Saturday 13 November 2010

A new life in New Zealand

So, I am finally here. I arrived yesterday in Auckland and am staying with my friend Daran Stokes and his wife Karen. I used to work with him at GenRe between 2005 and 2009. He is in Cambridge, which is about 2.5 hours south of Auckland and less than 30 minutes from Hamilton, where George, who I worked with more recently, used to work. I'm feeling quite chilled out here but also it feels quite strange... it still feels like a continuation of my massive holiday but I am aware that this is actually a new life that I need to start for a while. I head to Wellington on Monday and need to start working hard getting a place to live first - I only have accommodation for 7 days - and then a job.

Anyway, Daran and Karen took me to a lovely wildlife/conservtion park in Roturua which had amazing trees, rivers, fish and wildlife.

Also, I am brown. Well, red brown. And I finally got to weigh myself and I have lost 6 lbs. Yay! Long may it continue.

I have lots more to say (you know, the little things, things I keep meaning to mention), but I also don't want to keep hogging the laptop that Daran and Karen are letting me use! So I will just say I am well and happy and I will write more from Tuesday when I have nothing else to occupy me in the evenings...

xxx

1 comment:

  1. Dear Fiona,
    I am enjoying reading your diary a lot; you are making my days with your witting. And I am getting really jealous; all these exciting places and I am most of the time stuck in buses, trains or in front of computer. Not very exciting I have to say and days are becoming shorter and shorter.
    I miss you a lot; come back soon.
    Yes, I know will be May when you will be back in London and I might disappear by that time to somewhere else.
    Helena

    ReplyDelete