Saturday 13 November 2010

A village by the Sea

So my last day in Fiji consisted of a visit to the local village, on the other side of the Island. It was quite a shock to see the poverty they live in, and such a contrast from the luxury of the resort we lived in just 15 minutes walk away. We visited the school and the children were so very sweet, they sang nursary rhymes for us. If I went again I would take some things to give to them... but anyway, there was a market after, just the local women and children with blankets spread out on the beach. I bought a rug, two shells and two necklaces. Here's some pics:

local school children

local village, Fiji

local village, Fiji

local village, Fiji



















As ever, more pics here:
 
And a quick explanation - I am storing all of my pics on facebook and nowhere else, so they are all there, that's why there are so many! Stick to the ones here for a boredom free picture browsing session...

No comments:

Post a Comment