Tuesday 9 November 2010

I think I'm in Lost!

So, I moved to the Octopus resort today. I had a bit of a palava getting here.. I overslept and was woken by my friend at 8.55am. I had a 9am boat. I got ready and packed in 8 minutes... 8 MINUTES!! and actually the bpat came about 9.10 so all was well.... except that I had a hangover and for the first time ever I was sea-sick! Made it to the bathroom in time though.

So, this island is Waya and it is much bigger than the last one. You could walk around Beachcomber in about 10 minutes and there was nothing else there, just the one small resort. This Island looks like the scenery in Lost... so like Hawaii really. Not surprising I guess as it is a chain of volcanoes around here too. I found some steps leading up into the hillside and followed them up (forgetting that I had no water, a hangover and no sunscreen on, but hey, it was worth it!). The view was incredible!!! I love this island and this resort, it's much nicer than the last one. Costs a bit more, but totally worth it. I'm here for 2 days and then back to the mainland for my flight on Friday to Auckland.

By the way, I am bitten all over. Midgie bites, mosquito bites, ant bites....  I itch everywhere. I've counted over 20 of them and that's just the ones I can see!

Having some uploading trouble... more photos to come. This is the view from the top of the hill.... but for more pics you can have a look here: www.octopusresort.com or google Waya Island!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Fiona,

    As I can see you are doing well. :o)

    Thank you very much for postcard that you sent us in the centre! Thank you for thinking of us!!!
    I am really enjoing reading your diary.

    I wish you all the best.

    A big hug
    Helena

    ReplyDelete