Saturday 20 November 2010

A very disturbing dream

OK, so this is really quite disturbing and I'm not quite sure whether I should share it, but again, as I have no-one else here yet to tell about it, you're going to have to read it I'm afraid. Or don't, you could just skip this post!

I should probably preface this by mentioning, yet again, the book I've been reading, "Half the Sky". It is full of absolutely horrific stories including a lot about gang rape in Africa. I finished the book last night and I'm beginning to think that's a good thing....

So, I dreamed last night that I was in bed asleep and a man sneaked into my bedroom through the window and raped me, which was pretty traumatic, even though it was a dream. Afterwards I shouted for help and my brother suddenly turned up (thank you Colin!) and managed to pin him down and keep him in the house. We were going to call the police but for some reason neither of us knew the number. We kept the man in the house and were sneaking around trying to find a laptop to look up the number for the police. Then I went into the room he'd been in and he had gone, through the window again. That was actually the worst bit of the dream, I screamed and screamed becuase I knew if he was gone then the police would never find him and he'd get away with it. But then he came back, and although I was terrified having him in the house, I was pleased the police might be able to catch him. Periodically Colin would pin him down again when he got threatening but mostly he was just wandering around the house and I was trying to hide from him.

And then, it turned into a dream full of cats and dogs that had to be registered by the government and I was carying Alfie (my cat) through line after line of airport type security checks. And THEN we got to the end and all the people from poor countries had to sit on the floor in one room, but were being seen quite quickly, while all the people from rich countries had another room and got to sit on chairs but the lines never moved for the final check, but all my family were in the room with me already waiting on the chairs. And THEN there were fireworks and a little boy of about 10 I had sat next to smiled at me and gave me two sparklers. And we all ran off to have firework and sparkler fun.

So that was the dream, or maybe it was two that ran together. It was very strange indeed, but often my dreams are. I suppose most people's are. They're usually more like the second one than the first one though. It left me feeling really weird this morning.

So, things from today:

1. I miss my mum today.
2. I went shopping with my new strange friend and bought a skirt, top, jacket and shoes for work. I look very nice in them :o)
3. I went to see the latest Harry Potter film and almost cried a bit at the end. I managed not to cry but I did blink a contact lens out. My new strange friend kept talking to me loudly throughout though and that was rather annoying.
4. I owe Monica (who works at City Uni where I used to work for those that don't know) a big thank you for sending me a positive and encouraging e-mail that was a bit of a kick up the butt reminding me I am very lucky and can do whatever I like out here so not to get silly about feeling home sick or working. Thank you Monica, it made me smile and made me feel better! All you guys at City have another postcard coming soon that will make you rather jealous by the picture on the front....

No comments:

Post a Comment